Standalone Read Confirmation
If there is no active workflow on a page or on a blog post, a standalone Read Confirmation can be added to the individual page or blog post.
Any page editor can add users to request read confirmation of the content. The read confirmation by the user is tracked against the page version.
This confirmation will always record readers as having read the latest version of a page.
Add a standalone Read Confirmation
A page editor can choose to Add Read Confirmation using the page action menu.
The Add Read Confirmation option will be unavailable:
- if a workflow is active on the page.
- if page workflows are not allowed on the page.
A standalone Read Confirmation is added to the content. Read Confirmation breadcrumbs (double-tick icon) are added to the page footer and next to the page navigation header.
Any page editor can add a read confirmation request for one or more users through the read confirmation pop-up accessed through either of the added breadcrumbs.
Users receive email notification of the read confirmation requests. The pop-up tracks each requested user read confirmation.
The read confirmation status is Pending if the read confirmation has been added and no readers are assigned, or if all readers have not yet confirmed reading the content.
Completing a requested read confirmation
Each individual requested read confirmation is undertaken by the user (the reader) choosing the Confirm link in the page footer.
A dialogue box asks the reader to confirm reading of the content.
Choosing OK confirms the confirmation and updates the read confirmation popup.
if all outstanding user read confirmations are completed the requested read confirmation status for the page is identified in the pop-up as CONFIRMED.
Note that read confirmations do not need to be undertaken for the same version for the overall status to be CONFIRMED. If the content version changes and your practice requires all read confirmations to be for the same version, a page editor can choose to resend the request read confirmation for all readers who had previously confirmed the reading of the content.
The read confirmation breadcrumbs on the page will be displayed in context to the progress of the Read Confirmation and for the current user.
- header breadcrumb displays overall progress for the Read Confirmation. The double-tick icon will be green if all assignees have confirmed.
Read confirmations are specific to the content version at the time of each individual user completing the requested read confirmation.
- a Read Confirmation is confirmed when all requested users (assignees) confirm.
- a confirmed Read Confirmation may have individual reader confirmations for different versions.
Requested Read Confirmations can:
- be set an editable due date for completion.
- have requested read confirmation users (readers) added or removed.
- be used in workflow triggers.
Working with Read Confirmations
See the following to learn more:
- Standalone Read Confirmation
- Workflow Read Confirmation
- Workflow Read Confirmation Configuration
- Request a Read Confirmation
- Read Confirmation Popup
- User Read Assignments