The Page Activity Macro is used to display the activity report in a page. It's great for displaying recent activity in a page header or footer.
When used on a page without a workflow, all users can see the report (it will list page creation, edits, etc).
When used on a page with an unrestricted workflow (which does not define any
final=true states), all users will be able to see the report.
When used on a page with a workflow which uses Same-space publishing (one which defines a
- Edit/Admin users will see the full report
- View only users will only see entries up to the point at which the most recent published (
final=true) state was entered
- If the page has not yet reached a published state, view-only users won't be able to view the page or the report
Adding the report
To add the report to a page:
- In the editor, choose Insert → Other Macros → All → Page Activity
- Customise the report to your requirements
- Choose Insert
Here's how the macro looks on your page:
If your workflow uses Same-space publishing, the activity report will only list entries up to and including the most recently published version of content.
Customising the report
You can customise the report with the following macro settings:
|Max Entries||All entries||The number of results to show|
|Reverse order||No||Check the box to reverse the order of the report|