How to Share an Attachment
- Share Attachments adds a new "Share" column when you visualize your attachments. You find it either in the "Attachments" macro within a page or in the Attachments page.
- Click on the clip icon to generate the link, click on "Get Link" to get the link copied to the clipboard.
- Now, you can share it with non-Confluence users!
How to Share a Page (live view)
- You will find a "Share Page (live)" button in all your Confluence pages. Click on it and a clip icon will appear.
- Click on "Get Link", so the link is copied to the clipboard.
Now, you can share it with non-Confluence users!
How to Share a Page (snapshot)
- You will find an "Attach as HTML snapshot" button on the tools menu in all your Confluence pages. Click on it and you will be redirected to the attachments page.
- The page has been exported as an attachment, that you can share as any other attachment.
How to Set an Expiration Date
- In the Share Attachment dialog, click on "yes" in the expiration date field.
- Just select the expiration date.
How to Download Attachments from Shared Pages If You Are Using Internet Explorer 8/9
- Thus, Internet Explorer 8/9 users cannot directly download files from an html file with embedded resources.
- To overcome this situation, you need to download this decoder.
- When a IE8/9 user clicks on an attachment, e.g., Workbook1.xlsx, the file is downloaded as a .txt (e.g., 4227088-xlsx.txt).
- Select or drag and drop this file into the decoder.
- When screen becomes green, the txt file has been decoded in the same folder the txt file was.