- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Easy-to-use Canvas boards let you visually organize any project in Jira.
Project issues can be organized as cards - simply drag them to transition, change priorities, reschedule, or assign.
With Comala Canvas for Jira you can
- add agile boards (Kanban or Scrum) for any of your projects
- use Plan Mode to keep teams on track and ready for the future
- see the dependencies between your issues with visible lines
- create a matrix view using any custom fields as rows or columns
- transition or change any issue attribute directly from boards
Comala Canvas can be used to refine your views using our quick filters or JQL.
You can easily combine one or more different projects into a board to view issues (as long as you have access to each of the projects). A typical use is by a user who does not have permission to create project boards in Jira, they can instead create their own Canvas Board to keep track of issues across multiple projects.
Whether in Cloud, Server or Data Center, to begin using Comala Canvas for Jira select Canvas from your JIRA Dashboard.
|Table of Contents|
Once Comala Canvas for Jira is installed, a global administrator can configure the default settings for Comala Canvas boards by choosing Configure in the Comala Canvas Manage Apps screen.
A board can be configured to
- load a maximum number of issues (load threshold)
- filters to use for Rows/Columns
- issue types and color scheme
Using the Canvas Picker
Use the Canvas Picker to select existing projects or filters to get started in Canvas.
All existing issues within your chosen project or favourite filter will then display on a Canvas board.
You can also save the Canvas layouts you build, which will then appear in the Canvas Picker.
Opening Canvas in a project
If you are already in a project, you can select Boards option from the JIRA sidebar.
Creating and populating your Canvas board
Once you have added a board you can
- set the board layout including Columns/Rows and filters for issues to be added
- work with issues on the board - move issues and view issue dependencies and information
- use the board in Plan Mode to manage your backlog and sprint, release and component planning
Saving and sharing your Canvas board
Use the ellipsis menu when viewing your board to save your board for later.
To save, simply add a unique name for your board.
Once saved, choose Share board to copy the board url to allow others to use the board on other projects.