Workflows rely on the following concepts:
- Actions — Actions allow you to automate common tasks
- Conditions — Define pre-requisite conditions for transitions and triggers
- Events — Events are internal notifications which can be used to trigger action macros
- Expiry Dates — States, tasks and messages can be set to expire on a certain date or after a certain amount of time
- Labels — Automatically apply workflows, automate label management and trigger actions
- Notifications — Keep content producers informed of workflow progress.
- Publishing — Create a distinction between draft content and published content, and optionally deploy published content to a different location.
- Roles and Permissions — How Confluence roles and permissions relate to workflows
- States — Define the milestones and key stages in your workflow
- Transitions — Transitions create the routes between states
- Triggers — Triggers wait for an event, then perform one or more actions.
- Value References — Value references are placeholders for values stored elsewhere.