Editing the Workflow
The workflow name, description, and type of workflow template (page, space, global) are displayed.
Any content labels added to filter the application of the workflow to content will also be shown.
Choose the workflow name to open the workflow editor.
Options in the workflow editor include the following:
- edit the workflow name
- workflow description
- configure the content filter
- set visibility of the workflow popup progress tracker
- add a trigger
States in the workflow are listed in the order viewed in the markup.
States are appended with
- colored state indicator circles. These can be set by the workflow or overridden when editing the workflow state
- an icon to indicate any added behavior e.g. a tick in a circle icon indicates a content review is present in the state; a flag icon indicates a final state; a tick in a rectangle indicates a task will be added on the transition to the state
To edit an existing state choose its name to open the state editor.
Add a state
Choose +Add State to add a new state to the workflow.
States can be dragged and dropped to change their position in the workflow.
Choosing any of the workflow listed components will open an editor for the workflow component
- page layout
- workflow parameters
- read confirmation
Choosing Rules will display the event and action for any triggers added to the workflow.
Read confirmation for the final state can be enabled/disabled.
Choose Read Confirmation to open the read confirmation editor.
The editor includes the option to allow the reviewer to decide if read confirmations should be assigned.
Page Layout options
Choosing Page Layout displays the option to add or edit each of the following:
- a page header for the content. The visibility of the page footer can be set based on the user's permission
- a page footer for the content. The visibility of the page header can be set based on the user's permission
- workflow instructions to be displayed as an on-screen message notification for users. The content can be text and/or wiki markup.
If present in the workflow, any triggers will be listed as a Rule.
Choosing Rules will display a summary of the event and action for each trigger.
Triggers are added as markup to the Edit workflow panel.
- Access workflow builder
- Workflow panel in workflow builder
- Edit the workflow using workflow builder
- Edit page layout using workflow builder
- Edit workflow parameters using workflow builder
- Enable and edit read confirmation using workflow builder
- Edit states using workflow builder
- Markup editor in workflow builder
- Save as template