When an administrator enables Read-Only Mode on Confluence Data Center, Comala Document Management is also affected, Some of Comala Document Management features, actions or endpoints are not allowed.
This policy follows Atlassian guidelines for read-only mode to provide consistency to this administrative mode.
Whenever Confluence is on read-only mode, a message bar similar to the following will be shown on the top of the window
Warning bar displayed by Confluence on implementation of Confluence Data Center Read-Only Mode
As a general rule during Read-Only Mode
- Comala Document Management "view" actions are always allowed as long as the user has enough privileges in a similar way that during Read-Only Mode users can still navigate pages normally
- Comala Document Management actions like approving pages or completing tasks are restricted
- admin configuration for global workflows are allowed
Some of the Comala Document Management options will still be visible and clickable
Workflow popup is shown normally if a user clicks on the workflow state breadcrumb
But if an action is attempted an error will be displayed
Error message shown if a user tries to submit an approval or rejection
When an action is not allowed during Read Only Mode, for example
- changing the configuration on Space Tools>Document Management>Configuration
- or adding or editing a page workflow
Confluence redirects the user to a page similar to