A workflow parameter will ONLY be added to the space tools Parameters screen if it has been defined with a default value in a workflow .
For example, across the workflows added to the space above there are three workflow parameters with defined default values.
- Due Date with a default value of P5M (5 Months)
- Editor-in-Chief with a default value of user Suni Conn
- Expiration Period with a default value of P7D (7 days)
If a workflow parameter is not displayed then the workflow may need to be edited to add a default value for the parameter
- if the workflow is copied to the space as a space workflow (space scope) you can edit the workflow in space tools Comala Document Management dashboard to add a default value for a workflow parameter.
- if the workflow is added to the space but remains linked to a global template (global scope) a global Confluence admin needs to add the default value to the workflow in the Global Workflows dashboard.
Editing workflow parameter values
To edit a parameter value just choose the current value it and it will go in to edit mode.
This value will then be used in the workflow.
You can also delete the value, however it might cause problems if the associated workflows are still active.
- using Delete to remove the parameter value in the space tools Parameters screen will not delete the parameter defined in the workflow
- removing the workflow from the space that was the source of the added parameter does NOT remove the parameter value from the space tools Parameters screen