In page mode, workflows are applied on a page-by-page basis, so each page has its own unique workflow template. Great for development, testing and training, but difficult to manage!
- end-users choose which workflow to apply to an individual page or blog post
- workflow template selected by the user is cloned to a page, the original template is unchanged
- user changes to the workflow added to a page only affect the page it's used on
- the updated workflow can be saved as a new space or global workflow template (if the user has space or global admin permissions)
How do I enable page mode?
If enabled, a user can add a workflow to an individual page.
- page workflows for content in the space must be enabled by Confluence global administrators.
- the individual user will need edit permission for the page to add a page workflow.
The Add Workflow option will only be enabled in the page action menu if there are no space mode workflows active for the content.
Page workflow templates
Space admins can limit the workflow templates that be used in a space by
- accessing the Document Management tab in space tools.
- choosing the List drop-down Page Workflow Templates option.
The lIsted page workflow templates are either:
- global scope workflows that are workflows that have been enabled in the Document Management global workflows dashboard by a global administrator.
- space scope workflows that have been added by a space administrator.
Space admins can:
- make any space scope or global scope page workflow template active or inactive in the space.
- remove a space scope page workflow page template from the space.
Note that page workflow templates will be listed even if the space has been globally configured to restrict the use of page mode.
Even if all page workflow templates are removed or inactive in a space, users can still add a workflow with custom states as a page workflow.
Where do I manage page workflow templates?
On pages or blog posts:
There's also a repository of templates in Space Tools:
|Page Workflows||Confluence Admins can limit which spaces are allowed to use Page Mode.|