Content created with a blueprint with an attached workflow template in a space will automatically have the attached workflow added
- the workflow is applied as a space scope workflow in the space
- the workflow has a content label filter that filters the workflow application using template label
- the workflow is added to the space tools Document Management dashboard
The workflow attached to the Blueprint is added to both
- new content created using the Blueprint
- any existing content in the space created with the Blueprint
Detaching the workflow from the Blueprint disables the space workflow and removes the workflow from the existing content.
A space administrator can also customize the attached workflow for the space using the Edit workflow option in the Document Management dashboard
Attaching a workflow to a Blueprint
A space administrator can attach a Comalatech workflow to an individual Blueprint in the space tools Templates dashboard.
For an individual Blueprint
- choose Attach Workflow
- choose a Comalatech workflow from the dropdown menu
For a workflow to be available, it must be added to the global workflows templates dashboard and active.
- choose Attach
The workflow is added to the space tools Document Management dashboard as an active space workflow.
- existing content created using the Blueprint will have the attached workflow applied (if the label added as part of the Blueprint has not been removed)
- any new content created using the Blueprint will have the workflow automatically applied
The method of applying the attached workflow is actually by using a space workflow with a content label filter. The blueprints all have a label and the attached workflow is applied to content with this label.
Detaching a workflow from a Blueprint
If you want to remove a workflow attached to the Blueprint in a space.
In the space tools Templates dashboard, for the individual Blueprint
- choose Detach workflow
- Confirm the removal by choosing Detach in the dialog box
Detaching the workflow from the blueprint does not remove the workflow from the space tools Document Management dashboard.
The space workflow is simply disabled.
Any existing content created with the Blueprint will no longer have this workflow applied.
Page Template variables
Page template variables cannot be updated by Comala Document Management.
However, template (Blueprint) variables can be referenced in a Comalatech workflow, if the variable is placed in the Page Properties macro.
For more details on
- how to reference Page Properties, please see Page Property References
- Blueprint variables created using the Confluence page properties macro please see the Atlassian Product Requirements Blueprint†