Improvements to the Workflow Builder
We've taken the initial release of the workflow builder that was released last month and given it a new paint job and made several bug fixes and improvements that didn't quite make it in time for the first release.
Other fixes and updates
- Workflow UI Loading Improvements: We made some tweaks to the way the workflow information is loaded on the page, reducing the number of requests going back to the server. We've also fixed a bug that caused the workflows icon to be shown briefly on some pages that don't actually have a workflow enabled while things were loading.
- Fixed an issue that prevented adding reviewers when using the parameter selectedapprover in approvals (a regression introduced in the 5.7.1 release.)
- Workflow parameter type username will now display a user's full name, not just their user name when searching for a user on a page.
- Approval assignment improvements: If a small group of users is to be selected from for assignment to an approval this list will be shown immediately without needing to search. We’ve also fixed some cases where a user that no longer exists in Confluence, but still specified by a value reference (like page author), was causing errors in existing workfows.
- Fixed an issue with the Workflows Tasks report pagination.
Developer and API Updates
- Approval event interfaces have been updated to be more specific to different event types within workflows.