Agile Backlog Screen
The Agile Backlog is where the sprint planning happens.
The product owner, scrum master, the development team and any other stakeholder involved have a discussion to plan the sprints.
In this stage, the already ranked issues are grouped by Issue Type, as they were in the Agile Ranking screen. Now it's up to the team to allocate the issues based on the previous ranking, but to also balance the workload according to the velocity of the team.
Agile Backlog Screen
The Agile Backlog layout is divided into
- the Header toolbar (upper segment)
- the ranked list of issues (left segment)
- the planning area (right segment)
The ranked issues are shown in the Agile Backlog grouped by issue type by default. There are numbered boxes to the left side of each issues reflecting their rank from the Agile Ranking stage.
At this point, the decisions on urgency and importance are already made, so it's time to plan the sprint to deliver the maximum amount of value by dragging and dropping issues from the left part to the right part; from the ranked backlog to the sprint.
Did you know...?
- drag and drop groups to change the order. Simply change the order of the groups if you prefer a different order for your issue types or epics links
- drag and drop issues from one group to another to update the issues
- drag and drop issues to change the rank as this belongs to the Agile Ranking stage, so all the changes to the rank have to be performed in the Agile Ranking matrix
The planning area displays the current and future sprints, with issues with any issue type. In this area, users with the appropriate permissions (i.e., sprint management rights) will be able to create, edit or complete sprints.
It is possible to sort the issues by updated, rank, etc. You can also filter the issues in the sprints using the search box, either by title or issue key.
The ranked issues can be displayed either
- by issue type, like in the previous stage
- or by grouped by epics, or even without any grouping i.e., all the issues together, no matter the issue type